Interesting facts about INDONESIA



Hello guys, how are you there?????

In this article I would like to introduce myself and general information about my country. My name is Angelina, I am one of the member in this group. I am from Indonesia, I live in Jakarta (the capital city of Indonesia). My language is Indonesia language, people usually call it “Bahasa.” I do really love my country.
Why??? It is because I love travelling, and Indonesia is the best choice for you who loves nature or do the adrenaline travel, such as you can climb the mountains in here, you can do diving and some water sports, parasailing, and also do some explore trough sailing the island (especially Komodo island).
Believe me or not, a thousand island is one of the name that is given for my country, meanwhile we know that thousand island is one of the name of mayonnaise, that’s sound funny, isn’t it? But, yeah, that’s one of the unique thing in my country.
Speaking about island, If you guys know that we have an island which is pretty popular for the tourists, that is called Bali island, once you step your feet there you can find a lot of tourists from many countries gather around there for holiday, even some of tourist decided to stay long time and found a job there. I believe it will give you a real holiday’s vibes there!!!!

Mostly people in are friendly, speak English well, and you can find genuine  art of Indonesia, there is a lot of statues there, etc
This is the map of Bali
Well, let’s go to my country’s introduction before you feel bored of my irregular story chop chop…..
First of all I would like to give you some information about my country. This is our flag's color.


So, as I mentioned before, Indonesia capital city is Jakarta, and our language is “Bahasa”. We are built by a lot of islands, cultures, provinces, and cities; there is no wonder if we have more than 700 languages in Indonesia. However our national language is Indonesia language (Bahasa). 



our motto is “Bhineka Tunggal Ika”, which the meaning is  "Unity in Diversity" literally, "many, yet one" and the symbol of our motto is Garuda Bird. You can see inside the garuda bird, there is 5 moral principple of Indonesia. 

We called it “Pancasila”. Pancasila (pantʃaˈsila) is the official, foundational philosophical theory of the Indonesian state.[1] Pancasila comprises two Old Javanese words originally derived from Sanskrit: "pañca" ("five") and "sīla" ("principles").

Thus it is composed of five principles and contends that they are inseparable and interrelated:

A divinity that is an ultimate unity (in Indonesian "Ketuhanan Yang Maha Esa"),

A just and civilized humanity (in Indonesian "Kemanusiaan Yang Adil dan Beradab")

 The national unity of Indonesia (in Indonesian "Persatuan Indonesia"),

 Democracy predicated on the inherent wisdom of unanimity arising from deliberation among popular representatives (in Indonesian "Kerakyatan Yang Dipimpin oleh Hikmat Kebijaksanaan, Dalam Permusyawaratan Perwakilan"),

 Social justice for all Indonesian people (in Indonesian "Keadilan Sosial bagi seluruh Rakyat Indonesia")



Indonesia is also a country of Dutch and Japanese colonial. However, most of us cannot speak both of those colonial country languages, I don’t really know why is the reason, perhaps there was no education for Indonesia people at that time, so we use Indonesia language as our national language. 

17th  August 1945 is our independence day, so we celebrate it every year by a formal Ceremony, after that we usually do some activities in my independence day such as we make some traditional games, competition, and also eat together, the interesting thing for our traditional games in here is, they have their own meaning and the values of the traditional games and of course I will put more complete picture about that traditional games, I will explain it about the meaning of the games later in my next writing. However I would like to show you some of my traditional games for the example:


1.    Panjat Pinang:
In this game, some people will compete to get the gift by climbing the “Pinang’s tree”, and the tree is covered by oil, so can you imagine how hard to reach the gift up there? The gifts are varieties such as bicycle a dozen of instant noodle, pan and etc.

     2. Eat The Crackers in Indonesia called “Makan Kerupuk”

So, every participants in here will compete to eat their cracker that hanging on the rope, and they should finish it as fast as they can, the fastest participant who can finish it first, they are going to be the winner in this game.
Those are two example that I give to you for this article, I cannot give you more, because I am going to explain it more for my next writing. See ya guys, thank you for your time for reading our blog, hope that can help you to give you some information about our countries, and also, I really grateful if you need my help if you have a plan to visit to my country J

Cheers,

Angelina







Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar